Error al eliminar la lista de deseos.
Se ha producido un error al añadirlo a la biblioteca
Se ha producido un error al seguir el podcast
Error al dejar de seguir el podcast
Escúchalo ahora gratis con tu suscripción a Audible
Compra ahora por 17,99 €
Resumen del editor
A unique and significant guide to selling more books through personal appearances and online interviews, brimming with information and resources as well as tips and ideas from nearly two dozen author-speaker professionals.The most powerful tool in your book promotion toolkit is your personality. The fact is that personality sells books. Readers want a relationship with authors of the books they read. If you aren’t a celebrity or a world-known author, it is up to you to create that relationship. Finally, here’s a book that tells you how to develop a greater rapport with your readers, and thus SELL MORE BOOKS through more effective live presentations, well-attended book signings, successful book festival experiences, and more personalized social media techniques. Learn how to get speaking gigs at conferences and how to land and more expertly handle radio, TV, and Internet interviews.This book will teach you how to:
- ,li>Find and create speaking opportunities at appropriate venues
- Handle yourself skillfully in front of an audience
- Eliminate your noodle kneesImprove your speaking skills
- Improve and protect your speaking voice
- Come up with speech topics for fiction and nonfiction books
- Organize workshops and present them on your own
- Get publicity for your presentations
- Land speaking gigs at conferences
- Form a bond with audience members Write a pitch letter and press release
- Create better handouts and use them more effectively
- Develop better communication skills
- Attract more people to your book signings
- Sell more books at book festivals
If you’re ready to take your book promotion to the next level, this thorough guide is for you!
New and struggling authors face a dilemma with finding an audience in an increasingly crowded marketplace, and Patricia Fry provides useful advice on how to grow a greater relationship with readers through book signings, festivals, and social media. Carol Kilgore's agreeably conversational performance enhances Fry's insistence on excellent public speaking skills, helping to highlight its importance in connecting with readers - or, in this case, listeners. Talk Up Your Book is a helpful guide that ranges from the technical aspects of conversing with an audience to the practical matters of crafting press releases and booking high-profile gigs.