The Dynamics of Effective Listening
- Narrado por: Tony Alessandra
- Duración: 5 horas y 27 mins
Error al eliminar la lista de deseos.
Se ha producido un error al añadirlo a la biblioteca
Se ha producido un error al seguir el podcast
Error al dejar de seguir el podcast
Escúchalo ahora gratis con tu suscripción a Audible
Compra ahora por 38,99 €
We are sorry. We are not allowed to sell this product with the selected payment method
Resumen del editor
While you may have the ability to hear and understand the spoken language, if you have not given serious practice to the art of active listening, then there are many things you have yet to learn about this most basic communication skill. Dr. Tony Alessandra has spent most of his professional career researching relationships between people and has found numerous ideas that can help anyone dramatically improve their communication skills. This will help you better understand the motives and needs of those around you, and help you become a person who is better understood by others. Just because people can talk doesn't mean they have the skills to be public speakers, sales professionals, teachers, or actors! And just because you can hear well enough, doesn't mean you have strong listening skills! Of all the communications skills we employ, listening is the most used, but least understood and practiced. Until now, the skill of listening has been almost completely neglected. In school we learn the "Three Rs"; we may even learn the basics of public speaking, but few schools in America teach the art of listening. In The Dynamics of Effective Listening, Dr. Alessandra will help you identify, understand and take stock of your listening skills. He will help you discover your strong points as well as your weaknesses. You'll practice specific listening skills and learn exercises for improving in all areas. And you'll learn the complexities and nuances of the active listening skill. In addition, you'll learn how to:
- Discover how to expand, clarify and redirect a conversation.
- Attune your senses to pick up on others' emotions and body language during a conversation.
- Uncover how your emotional responses can undermine listening.
- Learn how to recognize and redirect the attention focus of poor listeners.
- Discover why communication tends to break down with certain people in your life, and how to prevent it.
- Learn the C.A.R.E.S.S. method for active listening.
- Overcome barriers to listening such as cultural differences, accents, and attitudes.