Food Junkies: Recovery from Food Addiction
- Narrado por: Lisa Bunting
- Duración: 9 horas y 22 mins
Error al eliminar la lista de deseos.
Se ha producido un error al añadirlo a la biblioteca
Se ha producido un error al seguir el podcast
Error al dejar de seguir el podcast
Suscríbete a la prueba gratuita para poder disfrutar de este libro a un precio exclusivo para suscriptores
Compra ahora por 17,99 €
Resumen del editor
A fact-filled guide to coping with compulsive overeating problems by an experienced addictions doctor who draws on many patients' stories of recovery.
Overeating, binge eating, obesity, anorexia, and bulimia - Food Junkies tackles the complex, poorly understood issue of food addiction from the perspective of a medical researcher and dozens of survivors. What exactly is food addiction? How is it different than an eating disorder such as bulimia or binge eating? Is it possible to draw a hard line between indulging cravings for "comfort food" and engaging in substance abuse? For people struggling with food addictions, recognizing their condition remains a frustrating battle. Diagnosis and treatment evades the suffering food addict.
This revised second edition contains the latest research on food addiction as well as practical recovery strategies for people facing the complicated challenges of comfort overeating, eating disorders, and food addictions. This audiobook offers an affirming and manageable path to healthy and sustainable eating habits.
You will learn:
- How to identify the trigger foods that you are powerless to resist so you're never caught off guard.
- Tricks on how to stop eating sugar or use food as a crutch, two of the hardest habits to break.
- Stop binge-eating or grazing all day and avoid piling on weight.
- End the night eating so you fall asleep faster, sleep better, and feel great the next day.
- How to stop feeling ashamed when you step on the scale and are tempted to drown your sorrows in the kitchen
This audiobook is for anyone who has experienced yo-yo dieting, food obsessions, and food cravings and for people suffering with an eating disorder. It is for anyone who wants to stop eating because of stress or boredom. If you feel guilty about your eating or ashamed of your body, and if you want to lose weight and keep it off and still love your food, this audiobook is for you.